Setbacks teach us about resilience and inner strength. They’re inevitable – and opportunities for growth. Setbacks toughen us up and build character.
How do YOU manage setbacks and what are your inner tapes?
If you’re like me, you feel like a stalled car on the side of the road waiting to be towed. Why are the other cars moving so fast and effortlessly? When I think of it, a setback is a bump in the road. And a bump in the road is manageable with the right mindset.
HOW TO MANAGE SETBACKS (and yourself)
* Keep the setback in the right perspective
* You can’t always go it alone – ask for help
* Setbacks point you in the right direction
* Think how giving up might feel
* Don’t lose sight of your goal and who you are
Managing setbacks definitely challenge me, but giving up is not an option.
“Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.”
~ Les Brown